Friday, November 16, 2007

Week 9: #22

Overdrive has a number of attractive features including a great user interface; easy ways to link to desired type of media; and a search window allowing familiar ways to search, i.e. author, title, etc. The selection of media was good and included titles in several genres for a variety of interests. The music selection is limited due to licensing limitations in that media. Overall, I found it an inviting site.

The free sites were not as visually attractive. The variety was limited and the selections in the e-book site were poor. The audiobook site provided more quality and variety, in my opinion, although volunteers record the books. I have not listened to any of their selections but my guess would be that professional readers would do a better job. I prefer the HCPL site to the free sites.

No comments: